Welcome to Palatine
Located just 30 miles from Chicago’s Loop and 14 miles from O’Hare International Airport, Palatine puts metropolitan cultural and business advantages within easy reach, while providing an away-from-it-all hometown feeling for its residents.
A pleasant mix of residential, commercial, light industrial, and office space, surrounded by parks and open space, provide Palatine with a solid tax base and a tranquil atmosphere.
Recreation and leisure activities abound in Palatine. Civic, religious and community groups of nearly every description welcome new and old residents alike. Dozens of homeowners associations foster a sense of old-fashioned neighborliness. Award-winning schools are a source of tremendous pride in Palatine.
Deer Grove Forest Preserve
The preserve offers 1,800 acres (729 hectares) of hiking, fishing, and picnic areas, campgrounds, and bird-watching spots. The nature at Deer Grove includes wetlands and prairies full of woodland wildflowers, salamanders, chorus frogs, and many native and migrating birds.
Palatine Public Library
The Palatine Public Library began in 1920 when Boy Scout Troop One gathered just over 500 books, comprised of what residents could spare from their own shelves. Today the library offers a variety of services including Storytimes, events, classes, workshops, art exhibits and displays, and much more. Check out the website here.
Palatine Park District
Is a municipal governing agency established for the purpose of providing parks, facilities, and recreational programs for the community. Visit their website or facilities to find endless fun full of activities including events, programs, parks, etc.
Downtown Palatine Streetfest
The Downtown Palatine Street Fest is a great family-friendly event that occurs in the summertime. It’s completely free to attend the fest, although the different food trucks and retailers there charge separately for their products. The festival is a great opportunity to see the town if you’re unfamiliar, and you’ll get to see some great live music that plays throughout the day. The Kids Zone also has fun activities like face painting, games, and bubblers.
Community Consolidated School District 15
Community Consolidated School District 15 is the third largest elementary district in Illinois, serving a diverse population of all or part of seven northwest suburban communities: Palatine, Rolling Meadows, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, South Barrington, Arlington Heights, and Schaumburg.
Township High School District 211
“The Mission of Township High School District 211 is to serve the educational needs of the community by developing and implementing quality programs which challenge students to achieve their potential to become contributing, informed citizens capable of meeting the demands of a changing world.”
Harper College, located in the southwest corner of the Village of Palatine, is a comprehensive community college dedicated to providing excellent education at an affordable cost, promoting personal growth, enriching the local community, and meeting the challenges of a global society.
- Cable and Internet
- AT&T TV, Internet & Phone services - (800) 288-2020
- Xfinity by Comcast TV, Internet & Phone services800.Xfinity
- Electric - ComEd at 800.Edison1 - (800) 334-7661
- Water and Sewer - Village Utility Services include water, sewer, and refuse collection. Please contact the Finance Department at 359-9082 to activate your account
- Natural Gas - Nicor - To establish gas service with Nicor, please call (888) 642-6748 or sign-up online at Nicor. For leaks, odors & emergencies, call 911 or 888.Nicor4U ((888) 642-6748) immediately.
- Refuse and Recycling - Contact Groot directly at (800) 244-1977
- Underground Utilities - Before digging anywhere around your property, please call J.U.L.I.E. This will bring out all of the utility companies to mark the location of any buried lines. If you dig and wind up cutting any buried lines, it could cost you big money or even your life. Call (800) 892-0123 or call 811.